The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine EUA
1. The Moderna vaccine may prevent you from contracting Covid-19. There is no FDA approved vaccine to treat COVID-19.
2. The Moderna Vaccine is administered in 2 doses 28 days apart into the muscle
3. It is recommended in individuals 18 years or older
4. You should mention the following to a provider before receiving the vaccination:
- if you have allergies
- if you have a fever
- if you have a bleeding disorder or are on blood thinners
- if you are immunocompromised or are on a medicine that affects your immune system
- if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- if you are breastfeeding
- if you have received another COVID-19 vaccine
5. You should not get the vaccine if you have had a severe allergic reaction to a previous dose of the vaccine or a severe allergic reaction to any ingredient of this vaccine
6. In clinical trials of approximately 15,400 individuals over 18 years of age received the vaccine.
7. If an individual receives the vaccine in two doses a month apart, it has shown to prevent COVID-19, yet the duration of protection is currently unknown.
8. Risks associated include:
- tenderness and swelling of the lymph nodes in the same arm as injected
- swelling (hardness)
- muscle pain
- joint pain
9. If you experience a severe reaction, call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest hospital.
Information fro the Virginia Department of Health