Our skin is the bodies largest organ. Skin cancer is the most common kind of cancer you can get. Tanning beds, x-rays, and radon can cause other types of cancers as well. Please avoid over exposure if possible.
Ways to protect yourself in the sun:
- Use and apply sunscreen correctly- Use suncreen that is 30 SPF or higher
- Stay in the shade
- Wear a hat and sunglasses
- Wear clothes to cover your skin
- AVOID tanning beds
You should also be examing your skin frequently for changes.
What to look for:
- new spots or bumps on the skin that are discolored
- sores that bleed and don’t heal for several weeks
- moles that are changing shape, color, and size
- moles that are irregular in shape
- rough, sclaly reddened skin
- wart like spots on skin